Friday 21 February 2014

Elimination Chamber Sunday (but let's talk Shield)

It's around this time of the year that I'm most excited for WWE, but some recent events have more or less "harshed my buzz." I'm still pumped for WrestleMania, aside from the main event, but Elimination Chamber has been little more than a road block for a while now. Basically it exists only to set up matches for WrestleMania. There used to be two chamber matches in a night, and they used to be brutal, but with the major belts now combined, the pay-per-view is somewhat restricted this year. That's not to mention the winner is predictable, and the card is looking kind of weak, and...

Bleh.

I'd do my usual three predictions, but there are only two matches really worth talking about: The Wyatts vs. The Shield, something I've been wanting to see for some time, and the Chamber itself.

Wyatts vs. Shield is interesting not only because it should be an incredible match, but because the Wyatts haven't had a really big pay-per-view win yet, and The Shield look to be dissolving soon, with "dissension in the ranks" and all that. Wyatts beating Shield would be huge for them, especially with a convincing clean win. It'll help them gain some momentum going forward, and we can maybe, finally see some singles competition/gimmicks for Shield members once they inevitably split.

And you know, I could talk about the Chamber too, but Randy Orton will win. I hope I'm wrong. I'm probably not. So let's talk about The Shield and what their singles careers might look like instead.

Dean Ambrose could be an amazing villain if allowed some creative freedom with his character. Right now he's trapped by a "weak link" angle that isn't getting him anywhere. If he gets crazy(er), he could really do some damage wherever he goes. He likely won't be pushed, even though he was U.S. champ not too long ago, but if he keeps putting on entertaining matches and promos, it won't matter. I say he should be happy playing around and having fun in the mid-card for the time being.

Seth Rollins was NXT champ and a pretty popular face, but I'm worried about him because while he's a fantastic physical wrestler, he might get stuck in Kofi Kingston territory. Smaller guys like him tend to pull off incredible moves and have thrilling, memorable moments here and there, but they don't main event. The exception of course is CM Punk. Maybe they'll fill his void with Seth simply because they look alike? Who knows, but I like Seth a lot and don't wanna see him buried.

Roman Reigns is...Roman Reigns. I talked about him in a previous post, so I'll just quickly say that he could be massive within no time. He's big, fast, charismatic, popular, pretty, the real deal. Reigns could be a future champion, if not the future face of the company. He'd have to contend with Cesaro's heat right now, since The Real Americans could split soon if they decide to push Cesaro, but that's another whole topic for another day.

Anyway, I'm picking Wyatts to beat Shield, and then looking forward to WrestleMania. If through some miracle Daniel Bryan or Cesaro win the Chamber I'll be pumped for the main event, but otherwise I don't care. Batista vs. Orton is the match no one wants to see, and since it'll be the last match of the night, I might actually not see it.We'll, er...see.

Until next time, have a nice day, and don't be a jabroni.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh I know what you mean, orton and Batista seem almost inevitable. The push of cesaro hopefully isn't just a patch of fog to confuse people into thinking that orton might lose. That would be horrendous. But wwe is known for pulling off stunts like that.

    Wyatt's and shield will be sweet. I agree I think Wyatt's will win for sure. But roman will come out looking like a beast. Hopefully the other 2 ( Rollins and Ambrose) don't come out looking tooooo bad lol.

    See you tomorrow Holmes I think it will be a good ppv.
    Let's go Bryan or cesaro and let's go canada!

    ReplyDelete