Thursday 24 October 2013

Another Pay-Per-View?

The Hell in a Cell PPV is this Sunday, so let's look at the three Hell in a Cell matches.

Match #1: CM Punk vs. Ryback and Paul Heyman

Here we've got a handicap match. For some reason, despite Heyman frequently interfering in Punk's past matches with Ryback and costing him many victories, Punk actually wants to face him and Ryback at the same time.

...Makes sense to me.

For Battleground I predicted that Ryback would win, and I'm doing so again -- even though he lost last time. If Ryback, who's supposed to be this monstrous bodyguard, not only fails to protect Heyman but loses again, he'll be buried and his stock will plummet. He needs this victory, especially considering the match type.

Winner: Ryback

Match #2: Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena

I kind of talked about this in my last post, so I'll keep it brief. I fully expect Cena to win this one. WWE has promoted the hell out of Cena for the last week or so, and while I'll be pleasantly shocked if ADR is still champion after Sunday, all roads are leading toward Cena vs. Orton.

Winner: John Cena

Match #3: Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan w/Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels

As I said, all roads are leading toward Cena vs. Orton. So, here's my far-reaching prediction:

Cena and Orton become World Heavyweight Champion and WWE Champion (thanks to Shawn Michaels screwing Daniel Bryan). Cena and Orton fight to decide who is the real face of the WWE, and who is the Undisputed WWE Champion. Orton defeats Cena. Daniel Bryan defeats Orton.

This just makes sense! Daniel Bryan is carrying the most hype in the WWE right now, and he's positioned for a huge title run. This Hell in a Cell match is only setting up something much bigger, something that could alter the WWE for the rest of 2013 and through to Wrestlemania.

Winner: Randy Orton. Phase 1 Complete...

No comments:

Post a Comment